soothe2 is a dynamic resonance suppressor. It identifies problematic resonances on the fly and applies matching reduction automatically. This results in a smoother, more balanced sound and saves you from having to notch out the frequencies by hand. The reduction kicks in only when and where needed without affecting the nearby frequency areas. This preserves the timbre of the original sound source and results in transparent treatment with minimal artefacts.
With soothe2 you can:
- Remove harshness from close mic’d sound sources
- Transparently manage sibilance in vocals and dialog
- Treat uneven tonal balance from suboptimal recordings
- Clear muddiness, boominess, and proximity effect
- Soften overly bright guitar and piano recordings
- Tame piercing synth sounds
soothe2 saves time and effort in audio work. It is equally at home on individual tracks and on busses. It works wonders on anything from sound design and post-production to the most demanding mastering applications.
soothe2 is a complete rewrite of the original soothe plug-in, offering improvements in performance and sound while adding many new features. These include the expansion of the processing to full frequency range, the addition of attack and release speed parameters, and the inclusion of two processing modes suitable for different situations.
key new features
- Completely overhauled processing algorithm
- Full frequency range operation
- Attack and release speed adjustments
- Two different processing modes for different use cases
- Full mid/side processing
- Lower latency
- Lower CPU load all-together, along with an even lighter Eco quality setting
- Quality settings can be adjusted separately for offline rendering
- Rewritten graphics rendering to offload most of the GUI drawing to the GPU for improved FPS even on older machines
- Sidechain input
Further reading, downloads and free 20-day trial:
Windows 7 and up as 32 / 64 bit VST and VST3, and 64 bit AAX (PT11 and up).
macOS 10.10 (Yosemite) – 10.15 (Catalina) as 64 bit VST, AU, and AAX, Intel-based Macs.
Free iLok account and the installation of iLok License Manager. iLok dongle is not required. Online access required for the initial activation of the product and trial. One license allows activation of the product on 2 machines. Licenses are valid for both Windows and macOS platforms.